Jamaica Baptist Union Mission Agency (JBUMA) Mission Employment 2023
Do you or someone you know have a passion for growth, a heart for service, and a desire to gain valuable experience in a professional setting? Look no further! The JBUMA is excited to announce its Internship Program for 2023, aimed at providing young adults aged 18 to 25 with a transformative four-week internship experience.
- Who We’re Looking For: We are seeking four young individuals – preferably those who have not yet had part-time or full-time work experience. Candidates with a genuine enthusiasm for learning, growth, and community service are encouraged to apply.
- Duration: The internship program runs for four weeks.
- Industry Exposure: You will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in either the Finance Industry (Kingston & St Elizabeth) or the Shipping Industry (Kingston). When applying, please indicate your preferred location.
- Partner Companies: Our esteemed partners for this internship program are Kingston Freeport Terminal Limited and DL Financial Services Company.
- Volunteer Commitment: As part of this internship, candidates will be required to dedicate at least 1 hour per week to volunteer work. The selected volunteerism outreach must be approved by the JBU Mission Month Chair.
- Eligibility: To apply, you must be between 18 and 25 years old, with a minimum of 3 subjects at grade 3 or above.
- Compensation: This is a paid internship with a weekly stipend of JA$15,000.
What You’ll Gain:
- Readiness: Develop essential job-readiness skills and gain a deeper understanding of the workplace.
- Skills and Experience: Acquire valuable skills and experience that will serve you well in your next stage of employment or higher-level training.
- Employability: Strengthen your overall employability and core skills, making you a well-rounded and marketable candidate.
- Professional Exposure: Immerse yourself in a professional environment while devoting time to those less fortunate, drawing you closer to your faith and community.
Requirements for Successful Candidates:
- Possess a valid National ID or Passport.
- Maintain a valid bank account for stipend disbursement.
- Share bi-monthly work updates, signed by your workplace supervisor, with the JBU Mission Committee Chair (a template will be provided). These updates will assess punctuality, attendance, appropriateness of attire, attitude, and job skills.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of your assigned workplace.
- Commit to at least 1 hour per week of involvement with the church that provided your character reference.
Interested candidates are invited to submit to [email protected] the following: a cover letter (indicating preferred industry), resume, and a character reference from a Pastor.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join us in this exciting journey of personal and professional growth while making a positive impact on your community. Together, we can build a brighter future!