It is our pleasure to update you on Virtual Summer Camps 2021, under the theme,
“God’s Frontline Workers: Armour Up”
Please note the following:
The dates and ages for Camps 2021 are as follows:
- Kiddies July 5-10 Age 6 – 8 years
- Junior July 12-17 Age 9 – 12 years
- Intermediate July 19-24 Age 13 – 16 years
- Youth July 20- 25 Age 17 – 21 years
The age limits are to be adhered to for each camp. Failure to comply will result in campers not being admitted to or removed from the platform.
All Camps will be held virtually on Zoom.
The fee for this year is $1,000.00 per camper which will help to offset related costs.
All campers are to be registered using the online link provided:
Registration is incomplete without payment. Fees can be deposited to our account or paid via online transfer to the Jamaica Baptist Union Special Projects Savings Account – NCB#304533943 – Half Way Tree branch. A copy of the payment receipt should be sent to the Jamaica Baptist Union (email@example.com). Payments can also be made in person at the Offices of the JBU. The deadline for registration is, Monday, June 14, 2021.
Each camp will be equipped with the following personnel:
- Camp Chief (main administrator)
- Camp Chaplain (spiritual guide)
- Camp Secretary (record keeper/liaison)
- Camp Counsellors/Facilitators (male and female)
Three retreats will take place (April 10, May 08 & June 05) for training and planning of the Camps programme and there is an urgent need for volunteers. We therefore invite new volunteers, as well as remind others to offer themselves to serve. Interested persons are asked to register online using the link provided. This is your opportunity to invest in the lives of our Youth. https://tinyurl.com/Counsellor-JBUCamps2021
CRITERIA FOR COUNSELLORS
They must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Submit a completed Counsellor Application form accompanied by the Reference form which should be completed by the applicant’s pastor/moderator.
- Be at least 21 years of age and 7 years older than the upper age limit of the camp at which he or she wishes to serve.
Please pass on the following information to the Campers as they prepare for Camps.
WHAT TO HAVE READY FOR CAMP
Below is a suggested list of items to take to camps:
- A computer/tablet/phone and internet connection
- A headphone
WHAT NOT TO HAVE DURING CAMP
- Comic books, novels
- Personal electronic equipment
- Knives, scissors or any other potentially harmful item
- Any illegal substance or item
We look forward to your continued support and partnership as we strive to ensure a positive experience for those who will attend Camps 2021.