The Board of Management of the Calabar High School (founded in 1912) is seeking to identify a Principal. The incumbent should be motivated by the mission to transform the educational institution into the nation’s highest performing public school. The candidate should be aware and involved in the most exciting developments in education. The incumbent should be highly motivated and demonstrate outstanding organizational, transformational and inspired leadership practices that offer new pathways for learning that result in significant school-wide achievements.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS &COMPENTENCIES
- Be a trained graduate with a minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited institution; have a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience at the Secondary or Tertiary level; Have a minimum of five (5) years leadership experience at the Senior Management level; A Professional Certificate from the National College of Educational Leadership (NCEL) would be an asset.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Possess high standards of fairness, integrity and confidentiality.
PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
Be able to facilitate, build and maintain a strong, collaborative and effective stakeholder team to support the school’s mission and vision.
- Ensure that the school’s objectives are aligned to the policies of the Ministry of Education and the church’s principles.
- Effectively lead, develop, monitor and implement the School’s Strategic Plan.
- Have a sound knowledge of the Education Act and the Financial Administration & Audit Act.
- Have a proven track record of transformational and motivational skills.
- Have a proven track record in successfully initiating and managing change.
- Has the ability to objectively manage employee performance and growth through feedback and coaching.
- Have a keen interest in sports development and other related activities.
- Securing and communicating a school-wide commitment that supports school goals that are grounded in the belief that all students can achieve high levels of performance.
- The candidate should have the ability to inspire the team with this belief.
- Setting standards and targets that are data driven to raise school wide achievement.
- Monitoring instructional strategies and practices that are clear, consistent and data-driven.
- Providing opportunities for ongoing training, learning and staff development that are evidenced based.
- Allocating and managing available resources to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
- Implementing measures to establish and maintain a safe, secure and orderly environment that facilitates excellence.
Applicants for this position should complete the Principal’s Application Form available at the Ministry of Education’s Regional Office (Region 1) and submit along with a letter of application, Curriculum vitae, and three (3) recent references to:
The Chairman Calabar High School
C/O The Jamaica Baptist Union
2b Washington Boulevard
Email [email protected]
Applications should be submitted by July 23, 2023.
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted.